What is Auto Start/Stop system?
An automatic start/stop system nowadays is a standard feature in most vehicles. This feature detects when the vehicle is stationary while on the road and stops the engine to save fuel and reduce emissions. The engine restarts again as your press down on the clutch or release the brake.
How to deactivate the Auto Start/Stop system on Volkswagen Audi Skoda & Seat vehicles?
- To deactivate this feature temporarily, you can press the start/stop button located in your vehicle, but keep in mind that this feature will be active again on the next engine startup. This does not work on the latest version of the cars as Volkswagen has disabled the old methods.
- Disconnect voltage sensor. There is another possibility to make Start/Stop system not work, by disconnecting the voltage sensor connector from the negative terminal. However, you will get some faults that the car will not be capable of monitoring the battery state.
- OBDeleven PRO/Ultimate subscription VERSION. If you are an advanced user with experience in car coding, you can use a PRO/Ultimate subscription plan, which allows you to activate the feature via manual programming. You can access vehicle computers, control units, and process required code changes.
- OBDeleven One-Click applications allow users to perform the same action without any professional knowledge, they already contain all the code. This feature will permanently disable Start/Stop system.
For methods 3 & 4 just:
- Plug in the OBDeleven scanner into OBD2 Port
- Connect to your car via application
- Navigate to coding feature or ONE-CLICK apps